If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health. – Hippocrates
Is there really a mystery to enhancing and improving your energy levels and stamina? Well, scientifically speaking it isn’t. There are quite a number of ways in which you can increase your energy levels. Of course, the steps you need to take to do so might be the mysterious part. Don’t worry though – once we shed a little light on how to boost your energy levels, you will discover you have far more energy than you know what to do with!
Often, all you have to do is make a few changes in your activity levels and also tweak your diet somewhat. Here is some insight on how to do just that….
The Light and Higher Intensity Cardio Approach
- Walk and walk some more is the best and easiest advice to give. One reason people have a hard time increasing their energy levels is because they look for magical and mysterious solutions. You don’t need them! Often, very simple exercise steps can help get your heart revving and your cardio conditioning. Merely walking 2.0 miles an hour for 30 minutes over the course of a day can can have a solid impact on your fitness levels.
- Perform higher intensity cardio at least three times a week. Low impact cardio work along the lines of walking has value but it also only has a minimal effect on stamina and endurance. You need to pick up the pace and engage in cardio work that is higher in intensity as this will have a dramatic impact on your energy and stamina levels. Working out on a treadmill could be among the best ways to do this.
- Perform a strength training program. You can do this either by lifting weights once or twice a week or performing bodyweight exercises or a combination of both. Doing so builds lean muscle mass which will contribute making you stronger. When you are stronger, you do not get as tired as you usually do since handling lifes daily tasks becomes a lot easier.
Note: the Yowza treadmills cardio work you perform will also contribute to speeding up your metabolism thanks to its impact on your muscle fibers and heart rate. Ultimately, you will want a faster metabolism since this is the true secret to shedding unwanted pounds.
The Diet Factor
- Your diet will play a large role in how efficiently you work out and you will need carbohydrates to properly perform your exercise sessions. However, you want to eat good carbs from natural sources as opposed to processed or refined ones. You also would be best served eating your carbs early in the morning as the glycogen released into the muscles will be burned through the day helping you to be more active being more active.
- Stay away from processed foods and sugars. All they do is provide quick energy fixes and much longer crashes.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Your cells are comprised mostly of water and if they are properly hydrated they will function in a much more efficient manner. That means you will reap the energy rewards they deliver.
You will need to put a lot of effort into the process but the effort will be worth it. After all, as Gro Harlem Brundtland once said Investing in health will produce enormous benefits
One last point here, you have to be a little patient with the process of increasing your energy and stamina because it could take some time for your body to adjust. Once it does, you might end up being stunned to discover how much more energy you have.
Really, how could you not see a great increase in your energy levels? You will have been working on increasing your stamina and endurance in the proper manner. That alone will guarantee results.
About the Author: Jason Cameron, is a full-time freelance writer and part-time martial arts instructor. He lives in Texas with his wife and kids. He has been writing about nutrition and fitness for over a decade. He wishes he owned one of the new Precor Treadmills as they are excellent models.
Categories: Fitness | Tags: cardio workouts, diet, strength training, treadmills | Permalink