Vegetarian diet usually consists of vegetables, fruits, legumes, grains, seeds, fish, nuts along with dairy products. The diet excludes all sorts of animal products. Hence, with the limited choice, you need to be quite smart towards the choice of food so that the diet has enough calories and nutrients which in turn give you reasons for adding weight in your body in a healthy way. Following are the ways:
1. You need to ensure that you do not have high metabolism which easily burn the calories thus prove to be hindrance for you in gaining weight. Hence, you need to slow down the metabolism so that your body does not burn fat in an electrifying rate. There is a way out for the same. You are required to have a heavy meal late at night. As you consume heavy meal quite late at night, your body will not be equipped enough in burning enough calories. Hence, your quest for burning weight will be quite easy and effective as well.
2. You cannot overlook the necessity of proteins in your diet. Since the more you will have proteins, the better it will be for you to gain weight as well. You can have the intake of proteins through legumes, seeds, nuts by combining them with whole grain breads, cereals as well as soy products. It is imperative to have proteins since it assists towards building the lean muscles of the body.
3. Nuts in the form of almonds are quite healthy. They have the most mono-saturated fat. As you have an ounce, you will ensure sufficient proteins along with healthy fats. You can bake or roast them as well. They taste awesome and they will equally give you increasing smiles mainly due to the fact that your body is going to gain enough weight like the way you have always wanted.
4. Legumes in the form of black eyed peas and lentils are also the best bet too.
5. You need to get 60% calories from carbohydrates. Have pasta based dish so that your body gets right amount of carbohydrates and hence you can easily gain weight as well. Try to have healthy fat on daily basis. Fat has 9 calories per gram. Similarly, vegetable oils and olive oil in the form of safflower and canola are high in polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats.
6. You need to have calorie and nutrients dense foods rather than non nutritious calorie dense foods or in other words, foods which are low in calories. It can be better understood with the help of an example. As you have raisins, you can have more calories over grapes. It is better to avoid grape juice since it is just high in sugar but quite low in all the other nutrients.
These are the ways to gain weight. As you follow them, you have a far greater chance to gain weight in an effective, healthy and nutritious way. You will experience the heavenly bliss of adding much needed calories in order to look smart and handsome. Now gone are the days when you have to think twice to attend gatherings since you were extremely week and people used to mock at you. Now you will be a source of inspiration for others towards leading a life of dignity and respect. Hence, change your life for the better since the destiny is in your hands.
This is a Guest post by Raj who blogs at http://healthclap.com/
Categories: Diets, Health | Tags: Gain Weight, weight loss | Permalink