Everyone wants their car to fit their personality and of course look good driving it, and let’s be honest we want to save money too! So many options exist when it comes to cars and that can make it hard to decide what’s right for you. In these economic times many people are looking to save money anywhere and everywhere. Saving money alone is a good reason to check out hybrid cars. They are very fuel efficient and because they have been on the market for while there are more options that are becoming affordable. Exploring different options of hybrids can save you money and give you something to invest in.
- Nissan Altima: This is a good choice for families. According to US News the Altima got a 9.4 safety rating which is a plus for parents shopping for cars. This four door sedan has a low-emissions engine. On average it gets 23 MPG in the city and 31 MPG on the highway. You can get your self in an Altima for around $20,000.
- Ford Fusion- This American made car gets an impressive 41 MPG in the city. This is another great option for families as four doors make getting kids in and out easy. You can purchase one of these mid sized cars for a little under $30,000.
- Ford Escape Hybrid: This is a great option for larger families or if you need a versatile vehicle. The seats lay down making it easy to transport large items. This compact suv gets 30 MPG in the city and costs between $32,000 to $35,000.
- Honda Insight: The Honda name is trustworthy among eco-friendly cars with great engines. This compact car is two door, making it nice for singles or couples. Its sleek futuristic look makes it fun to drive. EPA rated at 52 mpg in mixed driving and 60 mph highway. With a price less than $20,000 it isn’t just a good buy, it’s a great one.
- Toyota Prius: This model is now in its third generation, showing that this car can keep up with even the most popular hybrid vehicles. With 51 mpg in the city and 48 mpg on the highway it is hard not to consider this car. With the average price being $27,000 it can be affordable for a wide range of people.
- Chevy Volt: This new electric/ gas vehicle is one of the newest and most exciting green cars on the market. Although this car is a bit expensive at $40,000, the sleek look and benefits are worth it. The Volt will get an EPA estimated 37 miles per gallon while charged and 93 miles per gallon for all electric driving. This car is definitely a peek into our future of cars!
So if you are in the market for a new car and are looking to save money, think about buying a hybrid. It may be a little more expensive up front but in the long run you will not only save money but you will also be investing in the environment!
Categories: Green Living | Tags: car, hybrid, hybrids, look good, ride | Permalink